Seeking Certified Police Officers for Lateral Entry Program
The Swansea, Illinois Police Department is seeking certified police officers for lateral entry hiring to the position of probationary patrol officer. The current collective bargaining agreement pay scale for the lateral probationary patrol officer is $36.80/hr. or $80,371.20/yr. Guaranteed annual 2.75% raises over the next 3 years per contract. May 2023 annual salary $82,577.04. Interested candidates must submit their updated resume/work history to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates will be notified via email if selected for consideration. Deadline is Friday, December 2 at 5pm
Minimum qualifications for lateral entry candidates:
• Must possess a certificate of successful completion from a certified IL Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Out of State certification will be accepted if recognized by the IL Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board Any recertification training must not exceed 80 hrs , if applicable.
• Must have a minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent hours of credit
• Must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age
• Must be of good moral character and mentally and physically capable of performing all LE duties
• Must be able to furnish copies of all educational and military records, if applicable
• Must have at least one (1) year of experience as a sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal or state agency
- Great Pay! START OUT AT $80,371.20
- CBA contract - 2.75% annual raises for 3 years!
- Many opportunities: SWAT, Detectives, Undercover Drug Tactical Unit, Police K-9, SRO, Bike Patrol, ATV Patrol, IDOT Traffic Grants, Major Case Squad of Greater St Louis, Crime Scene Processing, Specialized Cybercrime Training, and Computer Voice Stress Analyzer!
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off (Fri/Sat/Sun)!
- Can volunteer for additional traffic grants for time and a half!
- Additional holiday pay!
- Additional education bonus!
- If you want to go back to college, we will help pay for it!
- Excellent health, vision, and dental insurance! (Medical paid at 100% for employee and family at 80% - excellent coverage.)
- Additional Longevity bonus!
- When Volunteering for extra work you can earn either time and a half or double comp time!
- Vacation, comp and personal time off!
- Awesome free training!
- Completed a major renovation of the police department with great workspace!
- Top-notch equipment in state-of-the-art patrol vehicles!
Village of Swansea Board of Trustees, Swansea Police Department and Swansea Cultural Working Group endorse the TEN SHARED PRINCIPLES produced by the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police and the NAACP.
Please CLICK below to read more and watch the video!
2020 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here
2019 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here
2018 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here
2017 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here
2016 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here
2015 Swansea Police Dept. Annual Report click here